Thursday, March 4, 2010

a stitch in time

Our little sweetpea was in my studio the other night, helping, whilst I was finishing up some sewing. She decided it was time for bed and wanted her usual tuck ins and goodnight kisses. I wasn't quite finished but knew 2 more minutes would see me complete the whole project. I asked her to draw me a picture or write me a message so I could look at it the next day whilst she was at school and I could think of her......tears came to me eyes when I read it. She is such a treasure. She knows just what I needed to hear.

***

Another workshop coming up on the 10th March....one that I am over the moon to share.

Here some the sample pages that we shall be working towards. Lots of inspiration with machine sewing, painting and using dress making patterns...in many ways! I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I so love getting on the sewing machine and stitching paper. I know, I know, it sounds bizarre, but truly it is so much fun!!





For more details you can visit nichohn.com.au


3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

I totally agree Nic I probably sew as much paper as I do fabric on my machine. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Children really do and say the most wonderful things. While I was painting the princess wall for my three and a half year old grand daughter last week, I jokingly asked her if she could make me a cup of tea. Her reply 'don't be silly RoRo, I'm only a kid.

Anna Bartlett said...

Gorgeous note. She's obviously been listening!

Anonymous said...

And why am I not surprised this treasure is a Libra after all and your daughter...and her own little person...so much like my boys...our children love and support us as we love and support them..."out of the mouth of Babe's"

Have a great time, sell heaps, learn heaps and celebrate being a creative soul...lots of love to you all. see you soon xox