Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Inspired to Wear.

blue tie

Yesterday I felt inspired to wear this men's tie. I've been collecting a number of them to make my flourish accessory designs. I'd put this one aside, feeling it had a special somethin' somethin'.

It brought up memories of my Grandpa. He was such a gentleman. In his winter years he would still wear a tie when we came to visit, even if it was with his checked flannelette shirt. I found this completely endearing.

I paired it up with some favourites from my wardrobe. My fabulous white winkle pickers. Bought these a few years ago, at a sale on the way to do my tax at the accountants.....as you do!
A vintage pin that makes a perfect tie pin, and my newby bag. An op shop find for $4. I love it. It's the perfect size for my goodies and it fits over my shoulder and under my arm with so much comfort. And I have my hands free without it slipping off.

blue tie collection

So tell me. Have you been brave and worn something a little outside your comfort zone lately? I felt a little stretched wearing this tie out, but it felt so right. So I decided to wear it with confidence cos I loved it!

4 comments:

Jacky said...

And it looked gorgeous Nic....love all of those accessories too (what a great find the bag was. I know what you mean about being a 'comfortable' bag, easy to 'wear').

Lovely pic.

Jacky xox

Ro Bruhn said...

Looks great Nic. Have you visited 'Advanced Style' blog. Ari the blog owner takes photos of people, usually over 60, who have learnt to be themselves, they really have style and aren't afraid to show it. It's well worth a visit just for their inspiration.

Ali said...

Love it Nic! About time Hervey Bay received a fashion shake up and what a better way to do it than with style!

Nic Hohn said...

Hey Ro, what a great link, thank you...loved these mature aged ladies. Just shows you that age doesn't matter. Be great to see some of the mature aged set here doing it in style.