I've been reflecting on the last six months. Truly, they have been huge. I've done things I've never done before, learnt things I didn't think I ever would and embrace things about myself that I wasn't even aware of.its been a time of real growth.With much gratitude I thank the last 6 months for all that its taught me and how I've struggled but stretched also....
- top of the list.. Kelly Rae's "Flying Lessons". challenged me to speak up and join the group.so glad I did.where I learnt that I am a talented artist, I just need to balance the other elements in my biz to make my dream a reality.
- gained courage to ask for what I wanted when I was clear on what that was.
- I learn by doing. yes I'm in my 40's and I'm just acknowledging that!
- made the effort to connect with new friends and the rewards have been great.
- I cancelled a solo exhibition/workshop planned for Oct, and found out in Sept that the biz had closed. So glad I listened to that inner message.
- learnt how important planning and organization is.
- went back into the workplace for a couple of days a week where my logical brain was stretched to the point that I thought the rubber band was going to snap. In the past my brain has not been wired for codes, numbers and systems. However I can say now that that job has taught me so much and I know for sure my creative vision is better for having this experience.
- I've put in place the systems and the planning that I've learn to be so important in both my biz and personal life.
- went to Keith Lo Blue's gallery talk and learnt soooo much from his words of wisdom.
- I learnt that its ok for me to design the life I want and don't have to take whatever comes along. that has taken daily discipline but thats easier than trying to sort through the 'whatever'.
- was asked to exhibit at Art + Show and I felt validated at home for doing this event.
- I had my first ever international holiday, which brought up fear, but I was able to work through it and I was ok!
- something has shifted and I can see through the illusions, that once kept me in the fog.
so what does all this mean? changes are afoot...I'm actually going to sit down and plan the year ahead, maybe even a biz plan and there shall be changes. for the better. that I know for sure....