Wednesday, June 9, 2010

to keep my vulnerable heart open

Vulnerable Heart
60cm x 50cm Canvas painting

My transforming ways have been at play again. I created the painting below a couple of years ago now and its been sitting in my studio.... She was in a group of canvas paintings waiting to either be painted over or repurposed. I recongized the potential in the portrait and gave her a painterly make over. She is now enjoying her new lips, more hair and deeper skin tone, smelling her floral blooms and her background has a completely different tone.


Now she holds a special message for me. Reminding me to keep my heart open. No matter what. I'm not sure if she'll be part of an exhibition or stay on my walls for a while. Guess I'll listen to my heart to hear what it has to say.


6 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO NIC,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR BLOG.
I ENJOY IT VERY MUCH.
I LOVE THE FIRST PAINTING VERY MUCH AND THE SECOND ONE IS PRETTY...I LOVE THE HAIR IN THE FIRST PICTURE AND THE DARKER BACKGROUND COLORS SEEM TO HELP DRAW ATTENTION TO HER EYES. THEY BOTH ARE UNIQUE. I ALSO LOVE THE WATER MAIDEN.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK.
ANGEL HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

jacqueline said...

Dearest Nic, the makeover is gorgeous! I am sooo loving this new piece! You did a great job and such a wonderful sentiment of "Keep my heart open. No matter what.". Very inspring. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

Denise Daffara said...

Hi Nic,

I love the makeover, deeper richer tones , and that flower is divine...
great idea

Denise x

Anonymous said...

LOVE this piece! Especially her hair! ♥

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cheer leading! It went really well and I've been asked to contribute 4 pieces. They didn't quite like blogging - felt it was self promotion and it was their job as a gallery to represent me???? That was a bit of a shake up and I'm musing on it. BTW LOVE the colours of your paintings - my favourite blue and pink. Gorgeous. Claire x

void said...

I love this painting. I love your blog. It's so positive and vibrant! And your art is beautiful!