Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 zest!


my zest for life has returned in full and fine form today. i could feel it slowly creeping in a few days ago, when sleeping in didn't feel right anymore and lazy days with the kids felt indulgent. the need for being active was winding itself up inside me like a spring coil slowly but surely....with school going back in 2 weeks time it was well timed.


walking in the mornings, swimming at the beach and getting organized for school, thinking, dreaming,planning the year ahead......


today is the beginning of a New Moon cycle. it is the time when i love to journal and plant new seeds about whats going on in my life and what I would love to embrace. this New Moon is quite auspicious as there is also a solar eclipse....that simply means the energy is strong. Capricorn energy. Ashtara explains it in depth here. Ashtara suggests meditating at these times ... i feel i do it in my own way when i journal.i love that quiet time in my studio. my paints, glue and magazines....

so here is my years resolution. i haven't really journalled my resolution before, but it feels right and good.and visual.clear. a beautiful lady who has the most exquisite local shop asked me about my new years resolution the other day. all i could get out of my mouth was that 'i journal mine', or at least i intended to. she told me she was getting a life! next time i see her i can say 'i'm claiming my potential'.

2 comments:

Jacky said...

Wonderful, positive post...I really clicked with the thought of journalling as a form of meditation...it feels that way for me too. My quiet time, where I am just myself. How eloquent you are to put that into words.

Jacky xox

Lady Di said...

Good for you Nic, love your garden. I also visited your Hearts on flickr, they're amazing.