Thursday, October 16, 2008

intelligence of the heart


Have you ever heard that parts of our body has intelligence, and not just our brains? An intelligence, that if we allow it and listen, is the most perfect and wonderful source of wisdom and knowledge...I have been listening to my heart lately, tuning into the messages that come to me, and putting them into action. Not always easy, but the more often I do it, the more I trust. I remind myself that I have a choice, always. And I can choose to listen to my head or my heart...
I created the yellow painting in this digital collage some time ago, the heart was created with a handful of paint and swept onto the canvas with my palm.The feeling of paint oozing through my hands was totally delicious, and encourage anyone who loves tactile sensations to try it. The most challenging part of painting this way is knowing when to stop and leave the image as it is.
I feel somewhat at peace today, being spontaneous and going with my heart, rather than following my planned list/time schedule of things to do. And whilst I may not have got all my jobs ticked off, I have created some magical moments with others. And that feels so much more fulfilling right now.....

4 comments:

Bethel of Bethania said...

Yes Nic I think it is good to take the time to listen to our heart plus our head or our gut ... they all have intelligence I believe cause at times it is my head that tell me what is right to do my gut comfirms the action is right & my heart feels the spirit of the goodwill... would you agree with that thinking too?
Love your Yellow Heart painting too ... seems to me that lately yellow has been a colour calling me ... ummm wonder what this is saying to me ... hope your journal class went well ... OOroo ... Bethel

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Nic - I have been meaning to drop by and comment for weeks now just to let you know that I am very excirted to be taking your workshop next June in Sydney. Absolutely love what I call the "purity" of your art! Stay happy (and work through that fear - you are awesome!)

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh Yes I have. When you have a spare moment check out Head/Heart on my blog list under My Art. There is a book I spoke of about the Mind and Heart connection. We not only have a brain in our head but we have one in our heart too.

Lovely peice!

God Bless You and Yours and Your Creative Life!!!

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely image, Nic....I am itching to try the 'paint in hand' technique....I can almost feel the paint squishing about in my hand already.