Friday, February 15, 2008

stars and circles

I've been having a play around with paint and collage, funny that. On some pre-primed canvas, not really knowing what was going to happen with it. I had been promising myself to have an artist play date with myself more regularly, and it was kind of a challenge not to get distracted by so many other things going on. I felt that I wanted to go further with it so I cut it up and stretched the idea further. And this is what happened.


My latest saying is 'Every star desrves to shine' or variations on that wording. Meaning everybody has the ability to shine.Oh Robots just popped into my head saying 'You can shine not matter what you're made of'.
Both of these collages are on artist achival paper,with loads of stitching, golden paints, Mills and Boon, fabric and micron pen. I loved having the freedom to paint and then cut up and rearrange.




1 comment:

Pam Aries said...

I absolutely love this! You have such a special talent . your art is so unique! ..This is amazing, because last night as I was drifting off to sleep..I thought of you ...and I was thinking ..I need to stop by Nic's blog ! Wow! and there you were on m,y comments board! Love to you and yours!