Wednesday, January 23, 2008

AS IT IS

Yesterday I got to the beach with my children...so much has been going on since we arrived here in the Bay and it was the first day I felt inspired to get to the beach. Bit of a cosmic joke really because not long after we got there it poured down with rain. We all said that we came to get wet, it just wasn't in the sea. We explored under the peer for a while and then decided to get out of the rain.
Under the trees provided a bit more shelter, it was so lovely to be in the rain and splash in the puddles, knowing we can come here anytime we chose. My husband has started his new job, kids are ready for school next week, and I have had a huge shift in my thinking, and being.From the beginning I felt very resistant to moving here, so glad I've had the tools and wisdom to work through those challenges. You can read more about my resistance here. Now I'm feeling optimistic about the many opportunities and possibilities. Have met some lovely neighbours who are also new to the area, and had some great sharing time.


We have also enjoyed the company of a few families holidaying here from Highfields.Wonderful play times.
Today we are giving the beach another try, the sun is shining now and I'm feeling alive and connected.

3 comments:

Pam Aries said...

It is so good to see that you are settling in i your new surroundings! how wonderful! It was freezing here the other day...today it is warm and springlike!

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Nic .... sounds like you will soon be feeling right at home in your new nest. Happy Australia Day *!*

Anonymous said...

Hi Nic,

I am so pleased that you have taken such a big step and spread your wings. 2008 is the year of new beginnings. I will be faced with a similar challenge later in the year. Thank you for so openingly sharing your experiences.

Shellie