Tuesday, March 13, 2007

fleur

"Fleur"
This painting is my transition back into my textured art work... and I'm developing some great new techniques, which I feel are unique!
Part of the joy of following my own bliss, is that I get to really explore an avenue that I find truly exciting.Its great to learn new techniques from other artists, but just as important to turn them into my own by extending the ideas or an element that I love about the process.
'Fleur' is a medium size painting 550mm x 1000mm and included are lots of mixed media treasures: beads, buckles, wire and cord. And I feel the essence is more me than my art has been for a while.....I'm still incorporating some other techniques that have be present in my 'girls' series, just extending or pushing the boundaries a little further. The centre image reminded me of a fleur-de-lis, and hence the name.
Click on the image to have a closer look, or if you would love to see it in person, please contact me and we can arrange an appointment.

2 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Wow1 I love this! Okay.. I am contacting you to see it in person! When shall I come? HA! EVERY time I am watching the Discovery Channel and it is about Australia... I am thinking of you!
1

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, NIc. I looked up where abouts Darling Downs is in Queensland, as my partner and i are travelling to QLD in June.. if we come your way we will try to make an appointment to see your painitngs... i love to draw designs similar to this painting Fleur de Lis. Someone told me once that i made the decorative designs on medieval instruments in Eastern Europe in another llfe, and i could relate to that (metaphor or otherwise)!