Saturday, January 15, 2011

opportunity

admit all love
Journal page

In everything there is a silver lining. In everything there is an opportunity to learn something about yourself.... I've been asking myself what it is I've learnt from the floods that have + still are effecting so much of Queensland.....

Personally I haven't been directly effected by the flood waters. Our families are all safe, homes in tact. Apart from knowing that the groceries in the local supermarkets were thinning out, freshfruit + vegy may be a bit scarce for a while (my 13yr old thinks thats great!) life has continued as per normal.I had a well stocked pantry + petrol in the car. That's thanks to the intuition of my hubby + me being wise enough to listen + act on his advice.

One thing that has been ringing loud + true through these times is connection. Connecting with family, friends + neighbors.Making a very conscious effort to see that all was ok. Often I have my head down in my own life + I forget to connect with others...

My mum said she's has had calls from people she's been trying to contact for years, from our home state of Victoria. Suddenly they have come out of the woodwork....

For me, the lesson in this is all about connecting more often. to take the action to call or write when I have a moment.and to stay connected. to make the time. it's important.

I have no doubt that the floods have brought alot of emotions for many...I would encourage you to look within and see whats going on for you.fear, loss, lack, or maybe its about being part of a great community, sharing what you have.

believe me..... it IS an opportunity to look within.

3 comments:

amy friend said...

beautiful perspective, wise one. i absolutely love the heart with wings.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I REALLY LOVE the message this journal page holds...

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad that people are coming together over this. It's the same way here after a hurricane, especially when we don't have power. We sit outside, or work on cleaning debris, and everyone seems to help each other out. It's nice getting the phone calls from long-lost friends.