Monday, October 18, 2010

Painting by the Pool

pupil free day

Sound exotic? Blissful Paradise? An Artists Dream? Its kind of more like a circus.....I'm being inventive with my time. A pupil free day today and 16 days 'til the Xmas Art Fair, sees me feeling a little anxious about getting stuff done. So I've been by the pool trying to get this one finished, with my 10 year old asking me to count her backwards somersaults, a dog waiting patiently by the pool fence because he's rolled his ball into the water...and he wants it back! and our 12 yr has the radio on with some sort of music that I really don't relate to (must be showing my age) ...and I'm painting. Doesn't get any more real than that!


The things we do in the name of art.......

6 comments:

Anna Bartlett said...

Doesn't sound too bad to me! That's a gorgeous way to paint!

Kate Robertson said...

It sounds great to me. The colors are just lovely too.

Nic Hohn said...

You're right girls.....

the fear of not being prepared for the show has set in. I've been pretty organized for this one.Just that last minute panic...

Time to take a breath and enjoy my surroundings.

Jo Wholohan said...

i hear you girl!!!! dont stress too much, it will all come together in the end xx

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

I can relate to that! Wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous painting!

Suzanne said...

I love this. Will there be more on this painting? I hear ya on trying to create with a house full of people/dogs around you. But I think you may have inspired me to get out and paint! I've been too busy lately, but the weather's getting a little nicer, so maybe I'll move out to the patio.