Monday, May 31, 2010

I am learning to Fly!

I started this today with Kelly Rae. I feel like my compass is being reset, that I'm putting myself back on course. Nothing like some soul probing questions to refocus....



You may have seen this painting before. Today I felt the inspiration to add to it....
and here's some honesty I wanted to share, some of my heart whispers that came to me today after reading Kellie Rae's first posting.


"I began creating in the mainstream, traditional art world. And I found at times when I wanted to explore other creative dimensions that this world was not as accepting of my off-beat ideas and creations as I would have hoped. Maybe it was location, maybe it wasn't the right timing....it was stifling. And I discovered that I could not and cannot conform. I feel I have stayed as committed as I could to my creativity, learning about outside rejection has been challenging but has taught me so much about accepting myself and what I feel compelled to create. I have learned how important it is to stay true. And have decided that I shall no longer put myself in places that don't value the edgy difference of my creativity.


I love the mixed media community I've found through blogging. It is accepting of all forms of creativity. All skill levels. All mediums. All expressions. And that is truly amazing.Being in this world, I feel alive and free.


My compass is pointing North, where I see my art and designs as beautiful products. Creative artsy products that shine with connectedness and contributes love to humanity.'


So that is my big dream for the moment...lets see how it unfolds.

4 comments:

IdaDown said...

Keep dreaming...and living...and flying...

mindy said...

oh that's a beautifully worded dream! i can feel your hopefulness, your creativity and your uniqueness. don't we all just crave that uniqueness??

and i can't wait to see pictures of your picture of your body writing :) i shared mine! now you can share yours...

p.s. i can't wait to write my affirmations on myself again. i'm really quite excited!

Heartfire At Home said...

Hi Nic, thanks for popping by my blog! And, you're an Aussie too! Your work is stunning, really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you again over at Kelly's!

Linda. x :)

Shelby and Bev said...

beautifully said...like kelly says our inspiration and passion must be deeply embedded in our heart, and that is the kind of art we are to make...be true to yourself...it's the only way to fly!
glad you are here...and thanks for visiting my blog...i am so happy to be building an online community of like-minded women...
bev
xo