Monday, January 11, 2010

more illumination

today the aha came. like a sand dollar that buries itself in the sand , so too have i buried part of who i am.an innate gift, buried deep. this disowned part that has a great idea... but i'm afraid that if i create artwork around these themes i shall be categorized, put into a box, never to return to the freedom and light of being just me. maybe it is my own fear that has kept me from moving ahead...so i am going to be brave and dip my toe in the water and see how it feels. i can no ignore it no longer.



some of you know that i have studied perceptive astrology.in the past i have done readings for others. it was a strong calling to learn all that i could. and i have many spiritual girlfriends whom i share a special bond. its all been about getting to know myself better.


i've had ideas to create around the 12 astrological signs, but pushed it aside many times in fear of being called a 'spiritual artist'. it is part of who i am.... but not all.



this is my year of courage and toe dipping into waters unknown....

1 comment:

Shellie King said...

Nic, I received this thought for you as well. You will not be boxed and stiffled as an artist as only you have the power to do this. You are so on the right path so I encourage you to keep going. A trip to South America would also be fantastic for you. Your art is also looking great and I love your photos.