Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my little houses with a tick

< align=" centre"> collection of houses

I finally have them finished. My little houses for the Creative Soul Retreat in March, Melbourne. It was fun setting up a production line, something I don't do very often. I love that they are still unique in there own way. I painted each house with graduating colour, sanding back the edges to give an aged feel and then stamped them with an imprint I've made from lace. The image of the heart is one of my favourites, I use it often and it came from a painting I did a few years ago. All the houses are embellished with buttons, beads and curly wire.

Now that I have these finished I can focus on getting supplies together and the finer details of going. I never used to make lists, but I've found them mighty handy since I've discovered how much more organized I can be when I do use them.

Here is to another thing to tick off my list.

3 comments:

Lady Di said...

Your little houses look great ... I'm not even halfway finished mine yet!! It'll be great to meet everyone at the retreat ... I'm so excited.

Kate Robertson said...

Nic,

I love your little houses. They look so neat all lined up together.

Kate

Anonymous said...

The retreat sound amazing - i'd so love to be doing Stephanie's classes. Have a wonderful time.