Thursday, August 14, 2008

today it 'clicked'

Whilst finishing this digital collage today, something 'clicked' for me...finally it has all come together; drawing, painting, my astrology studies, my love of nature and photography, my coaching, using the written word, my love of swirls and 'contemporary vintage'. For such a long time I have wondered how it was all going to come together, and I often thought I'd got it, but hadn't really. Maybe this time it's the real thing....it feels like it is.

And this has given me hope in my new direction of 'art'. I tried a few things today and not all of them worked but I know I'm on the road of new discoveries. And while it may be slow to start I now 'get' the process, and can happily wade my way through 'til this clicks.



Happy clicks and aha's to you, the energy is definitely in the air!

3 comments:

'fancypicnic' said...

Yes - the big 'AHA!'
I'm doing something completely different now - a world away from studies at art college all those years ago. Now, I wish I'd realised my true direction back then...although this road of discovery is all-consuming, and thoroughly enjoyable!

Serena Lewis said...

I wish you all the very best in your new direction of 'art'. I constantly question myself...is this the right direction for me? Should I focus on just one area of art or should I enjoy the broader spectrum that art has to offer? I love so many facets so I guess I'm still finding my way.

Btw, the pics are lovely!

Kate Robertson said...

Nic,
Great news that it clicked for you. I love it when you get to a point and say "OH' thats what its about.

By the way I love your banner...

Kate