Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Love Letter To Me....

Recently I have felt that my life has been so full with commitments related to work and art. I decided that when I had an opportunity to create unlimited, that I would write myself a love letter. To let myself know that it's ok to honor myself and do what is important for me .This was the basis for my next creation.

And so a mixed media postcard emerged.It felt like it had been awhile since I really let my heart sing and so I created without question, and it felt fantastic!I now know that the boundaries that I have been experiencing have helped me understand what is truly important! I have been very mindful of still doing the things that I value, and to not forget about nurturing my soul. So easy to do when times are 'busy'.

I have scheduled myself into my diary on Friday...And I'm looking forward to spending most of the day in my studio....Creating!


"Be really whole
And all things will come to you"
Lao-Tzu

2 comments:

Pam Aries said...

What a cool idea!! We all do need to take the time to love ourselves!You are such a fabulous artist! AND ...you have THE greatest smile!!!! Rock on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nic,
Just read your blog on "A Love Letter Yo Me..." I'm now extra pleased that I chose that particular pendant today. There was definately a special energy drawing me back to it, and now I will wear it with extra special thoughts. Indeed it is so easy to be caught up in it all, and forget just how important it is to take the time to consider and nuture ourselves. LOVE all your beautiful artwork. Good luck tomorrow! Sue.